31.12.13

2013 // A Look Back



I'm linking up with Nicole from Three 31 for her annual year end link-up. It's been one crazy year, in a good way and a bad way.


What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Started THREE, count 'em, three businesses. One was a failure (RIP Maple Bluebonnet), but two are still here and kicking: my Mary Kay Business and LEC. 

Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For a while, I was still going to the gym every day! I still go every chance I get, but I'm made time in my schedule next semester to make sure I get there every day. I've got a goal to be a certain dress size by graduation (December 2015), so, I need to get to work.
This year, I just want to try and eat better. For the sake of my weight and my thyroid.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I can think of.

Did anyone close to you die?
Good Lord, no. 

What countries did you visit?
Uh... none.

What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A little organization. I also feel like something big romantically will happen. I feel like a lot of things will come to me in 2014.

What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory?
April 24th. The day I signed my Mary Kay agreement. I was in a really bad mood and spent most of the day in bed until I got a phone call from this number I'd never seen before. On the other end of the line was Shelley, my Mary Kay director, and she has changed my life in so many good ways.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I feel like I have a lot, but I think the biggest achievement this year was finally pushing enough to get the help I really need, even if it was just for a summer. 

What was your biggest failure?
Math. Definitely math. 

Did you suffer illness or injury?
HAHAH. I legitimately laughed out loud at this one. Back in November, I took my head out on the trunk door of my friend's car and a week later, ended up in the ER. When I hit my head, I strained my neck, and a week later when I went home, my neck became stiff after three hours of driving back to Huntsville. 

What was the best thing you bought?
The camera lens that I still haven't bought yet. Christmas present! 

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend, Andrew. That kid never loses his sh--. Like, seriously, he's the most calm person I know. Which is a little scary, but still. 

Where did most of your money go?
Sam Houston State University. 

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The list goes on and on! Finally starting a photography business, deciding to self-publish, Mary Kay. It was a pretty good year. 

What song will always remind you of 2013?
uh.... uh.... This is going to sound RIDICULOUSLY CHEESY, but just go with me on it. "Let It Go" by Idina Menzel from the movie, Frozen. Like, the first time I heard it, I just cried, because this whole year has been about letting go of people's judgements and allowing myself to live my life the way God wants me to.
Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier or sadder?
Happier, the end of the year was MESSY. 

Thinner or fatter?
Fatter, but overall, I gained less weight this year than last year. 

Richer or poorer?
Poorer. I'm in college. 

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Prayer.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasting time.

How will you be spending Christmas?
In Austin with a really big family. 

Did you fall in love in 2013?
Well, not really, unless you ask my friends who think I never really fell out of it from last year. But, no, I did not. 

How many one-night stands?
None.

Who were your best friends?
Allie, Andrew, Leslie, Eileen, Ashley. 

What thing did you do that was meaningful to others?
Mary Kay. Eileen is a team member of mine and I remember her telling me that she'd thought about joining before (her mom was a Mary Kay consultant), but she didn't think girls our age could do Mary Kay. Until she met me. So, that meant a lot. 

What were your favorite TV programs?
Castle -duh. Nashville and Scandal. 

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a really strong word, so no. 

What was the best book you read in 2013?
More like what book did I read period? I read, like, five. But, probably Mary Kay's book that came in our starter kit. 

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh..... I don't know. I spent most of the year listening to Hunter Hayes! 

What did you want and get?
Help for my depression. 

What did you want but did NOT get?
Long term help. The help was only this summer.

What was your favorite film of this year?
A toss up between Iron Man 3, Thor, and Frozen.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent the morning at home, drove back to Huntsville, and hung out with Andrew. I turned the big 2-0. 

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A little bit of finically stability. I really struggled this year. 

What kept you sane?
Writing books. Which most people would argue as something only insane people do. 

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hunter Hayes. <3

What political issue stirred you the most?
Obamacare and the government shut down.

Who did you miss?
My friend, Evie. I know that ending our friendship was the best thing for both of us, but that doesn't mean I don't think about her from time to time and hope she's doing well. 

Who was the best new person you met this year?
Leslie and Eileen. I can't pick! 

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
People always expect you to put them first. Even when you need to put yourself first for a little bit. 

Quote that sums up your year:
“Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.” 
― Mary Kay Ash

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover