25.11.13

Hunter Hayes

photo credit: 99.5 The Wolf DFW 
photo credit: 99.5 The Wolf DFW

Friday night, Amy and I traveled down to Grand Prairie (which is only, like, 30 minutes away) through the cold and the rain and slush to go see Hunter Hayes. If you've read my blog, you probably know that I may just a little bit too much of a fan girl. ;) I spent this whole summer listening to his album driving to Downtown Dallas every day. 

"Storm Warning" is my song with my sister. We've spent countless car trips singing that song at the top of our lungs, even when other people are in the car. So, this summer when he announced that he was coming to Dallas, I knew I had to get tickets for Amy and myself. But, because I didn't get my act together, we got seats way up there.


And that's with it zoomed in. I left Suzanne in the car thinking she wouldn't be allowed, but in hindsight, I would have been fine taking her in. No one cared and the pictures would have been way better. 

Despite the fact that we were way in the top, Amy and I still had a great time. We sang, we danced, we played air guitar on "More Than I Should", and we laughed at his jokes. Considering that I never get to hang out with my baby sister anymore, spending all that time with her Friday night was really great. Now that I don't live at home anymore, I miss her a lot and I cherish all the silly shenanigans we do when we are together. 

That and Hunter Hayes is amazing. Just watching him, you can tell that he absolutely loves what he does and it's infectious. He's up there running around, goofing off, singing twenty songs, and he had the whole music hall doing the same. 

Here's a few videos of a few songs. Sorry for the craptastic quality and the singing of teenaged (and a twenty year-old) females. 




"Where We Left Off" is a song Hunter wrote for the movie, Act of Valor. It's a tribute to the service men and women of our great nation and it was phenomenal. 


This one is called "In a Song" and the first time I ever heard it, I had to stop and just take it in because it was so true. anytime something rough happens in my life, I turn to music to pick me up and this song talks about that. I loved the acoustic way he did it, added something new to the song. 


All in all, it was a fantastic experience. I'm glad I got to share it with my little sister, and I told her we'd get better seats next time. 

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover