5.11.13

Bookish Confessions

{via}

So, today was supposed to be the day I released the The Assassin cover. The final one. The one that you'd see when you bought the book.

Obviously, that didn't happen. 

In fact, I still need to take the picture for the book cover. It's been a problem getting all the things to work out together to get the picture.

I promise, by the end of the year, you'll have a pretty cover. I have a vague idea of what I want the cover to look like, and if this idea goes as planned, it'll be a little bit different than the rest of the covers, but I still have hope that it'll look great and stay within the idea of The Assassin. 

Lately, I've been really thinking big for the whole series. Earlier this semester, thanks to Netflix, I got hooked on the wonderful TV show, Scandal, and I feel like it's added a much more politicalized element to the series. And considering that the book takes place in Washington DC, I feel okay with this fact. 

Also on my mind is the idea of something totally different in my writing life. I had a rough idea a few months ago about a chick-lit book. Something light and happy. It's still something I want to try and attempt, but I don't know how well it would work out. 

I also don't know what I'll work on after I finally finish The Assassin. It's weird to think - in a few months, I'll be totally, completely done with this book. This part of the story. I'll have closed the book (no pun intended) on that book. 

After pouring six years of my life into it, I'll be sad to see it go. But I'll be excited to see it fly on it's own. 

Just a few more months, y'all. It's crazy. Someone pinch me, please?

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover