19.9.13

Young One

Photo Credit
Sometimes I feel like I'm going at a losing battle. I have people tell me "you're only 19, you're too young to be able to do this." If I'm only 19, I certainly can't have the maturity of an adult. I should be out being a college kid: partying, dating, skipping class (what else do normal college kids do?). 

Well here's the deal: I hate partying. The loud music and the thumping bass give me sensory overload, which causes me to pretty much shut down. I'm not a fan of drinking. Nothing against those who do, but it's just not my thing.

Dating seems like a waste of time. I've spent a lot of time alone in my life and right now, I'm more worried about setting up a future for myself, proving to those who say I can't that I can. I fill my life with things that I was to do the rest of my life, dating someone who may only be there for a little while just ins't a priority for me right now. 

The only time I skip class is if I forget to set my alarm (which is happening more and more often lately). I'm in Huntsville for only one thing: to get an education. If it weren't for SHSU, you bet I would not be in this tiny town. 

When I'm not in class, I'm working. Whether I'm doing homework, working Mary Kay, or editing photos or a book, I'm doing something to push myself closer to my goals. When I met my new roommates last week, they were all shocked by how much I do.

And that happens a lot lately. How can one girl do so much? This girl is one determined girl, that's how. 

People ask, "what's the rush to publish your book? You've got your whole life ahead of you." That's a lie. I have no idea where my life may take me in ten years. Publishing The Assassin is something I want to do myself. Now. I'm a big believer that age is no reason I can't do whatever I want.

So, I may be a "young one." Not even twenty (it's so close though!), but if you're going to sit there and tell me my age is a reason I shouldn't do things, I'm going to shove you aside and show you why it is. 

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover