24.9.13

That Time I Almost Joined a Sorority



Two weeks ago, I got a text message from a friend. She's a part of a sorority here at Sam and she's been trying to convince me to join one since last year. Ever since I joined Mary Kay, I've felt a bigger opening in my heart to try things like that and see where God leads me.

Her text message told me about a new sorority on campus, AOII. For a few days, she nagged me (in a loving way) to go talk to the girls at the table. And I finally did.

Both ladies were super nice and for a week, I was excited to be a part of something new. I'd be a founding member of a sorority on campus. I thought it was so cool. 



Then last Friday happened. My membership appointment. They handed us a sheet with the costs for this semester and next semester and I had an internal panic attack. Those were big numbers! And in the meeting, they talked about how this semester, we'd have two meetings a week. Mondays and Thursdays. 

Monday nights are Mary Kay and Castle night. 

Suddenly, a journey I thought God wanted me to make suddenly seemed unlikely. Maybe he brought me down that path to learn the power of needing to say no. Lord only knows how I've been crazy busy lately. 

And then Saturday, I didn't get an invitation back for bid day. And I knew that it wasn't right. But it still sucks, yesterday in class, there were plenty girls wearing AOII shirts. And I was almost a part of it. Sorority girl I am not, but it's taught me how to say "no" and walk away with a lesson. 

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover