9.8.13

Friday Jams



Ask anyone I know, and they'll tell you, I love music. I sing all the time, whether at both of my churches (home + school) and always in the car. I've got a huge iTunes library.

But 90% of my library is country music and a lot of people don't know a lot about it. So, I figured I'd share with you some of my favorite songs this week (a few are pop music) and why I love them!

1. "It Goes Like This" - Thomas Rhett // At first, I wasn't a big fan of this song, it was okay, but Amy, my sister, started singing it and got me hooked. She would sing a few lines and then the rest of the day, I found it running through my head but I didn't know the words. Now, I love hearing this song on the radio.

2. "Southern Girl" - Tim McGraw // Tim McGraw has had some really awesome music lately and this song is no exception. It's got a summer feel to it while he sings about all the wonderful Southern Girls. 

3. "Aw Naw" - Chris Young // I've been a fan of Chris since his very first single "Drinking Me Lonely." He had this haunting, deep voice and the guy is a looker ;) He's got a new album out and this song is very high energy and doesn't sound like anything else on radio right now. 

4.  "Redneck Crazy" - Tyler Farr // AKA "the restraining order" song. This song is on the radio ALL THE TIME. To the point where you can't not hear it. 

5. "Cruise (Remis)" - Florida-Georiga Line (featuring Nelly) // Okay, this song was catchy when it first came out to radio. Then mainstream picked it up and it was plain annoying. But last week I found the remix on my phone (do NOT remember buying that) and now it's somewhat catchy again.

6. "Round Here" - Florida-Georgia Line // Once again, they've got a huge hit on their hands, but I like this one way better than their other two. Not sure why, but I do.

7. "Tie It Up" - Kelly Clarkson // I've been a fan of hers for years, so when I found out she was doing a country single, I was all excited. It's cute and I love the tempo of it. I'm hoping there's a whole album, or at least an EP, with it.

8. "I Hope It Rains" - Jana Kramer // This song is a little silly, but still gets the point across.

9. " I Knew You Were Trouble" - Taylor Swift // Despite the fact that I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan like I was as a middle schooler, I really like the beat of this song. And come on, who doesn't think of the screeching goats when hearing this song?

10. "Really Don't Care" - Demi Lovato (featuring Cheryl Lloyd) // Okay, I love Demi Lovato, I love her story. What a testament to being strong. So whenever she comes out with new music, I check it out. And this song? Well, I can think of at least one person who this applies to!

11. "Red" - Taylor Swift // It's been a while since Taylor released music specifically for country music, but now that she released it, it's all over the place. I love the imagery of the colors, I mean, come on, it's creative, right?

12. "Storm Warning" - Hunter Hayes // Y'all, I wrote a whole entire post on the song this summer. Hunter is pretty much my favorite singer right now. His deluxe album, Encore, came out earlier this summer and I bought it. That was mid-June. I think it's come out of my car CD player twice since then. This was his first song that really got me noticing him. It's cleverly worded and I love the grooves of this song.

These are just a few songs that I've been jamming out to lately (well, mostly mental jamming since I don't think my co-workers would like it if I started dancing). What have you been jamming out to?


0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover