15.8.13

Friday Jams (Thursday Style)


Okay, I know, I know, the title of this post is "Friday Jams" and it's only Thursday. But I have a special post tomorrow since tomorrow is the last day of my internship. So, it only made since to jam it all out on Thursday instead.





1. "Tell Me Where to Park" by Brett Eldredge // He's been on the radio a lot lately with his song "Don't Ya" so when his album came out last week, I gave it a quick listen. This is the opening track and OMG HOT. Seriously, I don't get any action whatsoever and I loved it. It's a very sexy song, and he's got this deep, husky singing voice and it just WORKS for him. 

2. "Whatcha Gonna Do" by Martina McBride // I'm not a fan of ballads, but I got her CD, Eleven, when it came out. The lyrics are beautiful and I can hear her pain (whether real or not) in the song. It just pulls at those heartstrings and since Martina McBride sings it, you know it'll sound amazing.

3. "Upper Hand" by LeAnn Rimes // Okay, so it just dawned on me that so far, two out of the three songs on this list are about seducing a man. Don't lead that to believe that I am seducing anyone, cause I promise you, I ain't. But, this song is a little empowerment song for girls about going after your man even when you've had him. Not that I would know anything about that, but the tempo is catch and I like LeAnn Rimes.

4. "Nothin' New Under the Moon" by LeAnn Rimes // LeAnn makes a second appearance! This song is almost as old as I am, but I love it. It's about new love and it's just a happy, giddy song. One of these days I'll know that feeling again, right?

5. "Better Than This (Encore)" by Hunter Hayes // Oh, Hunter, how I love you. This song has that whole "take a road that's less traveled" theme to it. Maybe it's talking about going down that road and the fact that I always hear this while driving to work, but I've dubbed it my ultimate road trip song. Not just literally, but figuratively too. 

6. "Hip to My Heart" by The Band Perry // This was TBP's first single and it came out in the summer. Super catchy lyrics and beat, you can't help but want to sing along. 

7. "Cups (Pitch Perfect's When I'm Gone) by Anna Kendrick // The first time I heard this song was in the car during Seminar. I love the beat and Anna Kendrick has a singing voice that just fits her! My dad caught me singing this the other night! 

8. "DONE." by The Band Perry // Whenever TBP performs this live, man, it's a show. Kimberly, the lead singer, is always dancing and jumping around and it's contagious! I want to get up and jump around and sing and act crazy! It's a hand's up in the air song, PERFECT for summer.

9. "Chainsaw" by The Band Perry // TBP's third appearance today, but this song is great. It runs in line with "Before He Cheats" and "Kerosene." Scorned lover goes and cuts down the tree where she and her man carved their names and "forever." The lyrics are witty and Kimberly Perry is showing she's not one to be messed with!

10. "I Can Love You Better" by the Dixie Chicks // This song is really old too, but I love it. There was a guy last summer that I knew that I felt like this song (and a lot of other Dixie Chicks songs) applied to the whole situation. Thankfully, I don't think he knows (though it wouldn't surprise me if he did). 

11. "Mostly Bad" by Maggie Rose // Maggie Rose has been around country music for a few years, but she just released her first album this past spring. She's got a strong, sultry voice and she knows how to use it. Now, I am the furthest thing from a bad girl, but I love her voice as she tells this man that she'll take him through hell before they get to Heaven. 

Those are my jams for this week, what are you listening to?! 

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover