13.6.13

Enjoy Today

[source]

I've always been one to plan for the future. All of my biggest dreams are things that I want later in life, like when I'm in my mid-twenties, graduated from college, living on my own, completely free and independent. 

I struggle to live in the moment to just enjoy life as it comes. I'm always telling myself the time for that will be later.

But what if there is no later? I could walk out of work tonight, get in a horrible car accident and die. I mean, I hope not, I've got fun plans this weekend, but it's a possibility. You don't know what life is going to throw at you. 

And while planning for the future is always a good idea, sometimes we've got to just live in the moment. Whether it's just enjoying the fact that I've got a good job here that I'm learning a lot from, or the fact that I get to live at home for the summer.

Sometimes all of us just need to enjoy today and the beauty today holds. 

2 Comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I struggle with living in the moment, I'm always in the past or future.

Stephanie said...

Agreed, completely.

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover