21.5.13

Suzanne + I



Call me tacky, but for some reason I name my cameras. My first real, semi-professional camera was a little Nikon Coolpix L110 named Betty. I'm pretty sure they don't make Betty's anymore, but that's okay. She was a great learner camera.

Back when I had to retire her last summer (the week before I moved to college), I was ready to get rid of her. There were things I wanted to do with my photography that poor little Betty just couldn't do. Betty was done.

They gave me an in-store credit, and when I went home for Thanksgiving in November, my mom and I went to best buy to finally buy a replacement camera. I'd done my research and knew I wanted to walk out with a Canon DSLR. I originally thought I was going to walk out with a Canon Rebel t3, but after some sweet talking from the sales guy and an agreement that the extra costs of the camera would count as a birthday and Christmas present, I walked out with a camera bag, a SD card and a Canon Rebel t3i.

Can I just say I love this camera. Every time I go to do a shoot, I learn something new. Whether it's with my camera, whom I've named Suzanne, or in the editing, I feel like it's forced me to become a better photographer, and I can only go up from here.

The past few months, I've taken every chance I could to take pictures. Want pictures of you and your best friend? I'm on it! Need some prom pictures? I can do that too! Even at a hospital (the top picture was a prom picture at a hospital, so no, I ain't making that one up!).

I honestly hope this is something I can do for the rest of my life. Take pictures. I want to see the world and capture life's amazing moments. And granted, I won't own Suzanne forever, but right now, Suzanne and I are doing what we love best.

Making memories.


1 Comment:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I love that you named your camera!!

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover