29.5.13

So Vicious // A Rant on Name-Calling

photo credit

Hey y'all, remember me? Well, I'm back and I've got a bone to pick with people. Not these guys in the picture though.

You see, I was on twitter this morning and CNN had a link to an interview with the first same-sex married couple in France. Congrats to them, but that's not the point of my post. It's the crazy comments that follow.

Note: Don't click on that link to look at the comments if you aren't fond of cussing. Cause there's a lot of it. People calling each other every name in the book you can think of.

And it got me back on my rant again. Where the hell is the respect nowadays? Look, I don't agree with a lot of things that people were posting in the comments, on both sides of the aisle, but that doesn't mean I would sit there and call them names.

What are we? Ten? Twelve? Actually, I know they aren't twelve because my brother is twelve and he's got more respect for people than anyone on the site did. 

So, please, please be with me. Get in an argument with someone? Don't stoop down to the level of these people and cower to name calling. It's just down right pathetic. And it's just wrong. 

1 Comment:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I SO agree with you. It's fine if people disagree. That's life. Not everyone is going to agree with you. But that doesn't mean that you call them names.

Whether or not I agree with someone, I still remain respectful. I would want people to treat me the same way.

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover