22.5.13

Old Fashioned {Why I'm Waiting For Marriage}



Call me old fashioned but I believe in waiting for the simple things in life. For working for the greater things. I believe that you get what you give and nothing should be handed to you on a plate. I believe that the greatest success comes to those who refuse to be beaten down and keep on trucking even when trucking on doesn't make sense.

Lately, I feel like a lot of things in my life are making me question my values. My beliefs. My choices, especially my choice to wait until I'm married to have sex. I've seen people I've never met before roll their eyes at my purity ring.

Someone asked me how on earth I could possibly want to torture myself for that long?

You wanna know why? Because I believe the best things are worth waiting for and working for. I know that marriage, if I'm lucky enough to get to that point, is something my husband and I are going to have to work for. And it won't be just a few weeks and then "oh let's get married!"

It's going to take extreme circumstances for me to ever consider divorce. When I get married, it'll be for life and waiting until marriage to have sex is just something that is important to me. From all accounts of what I've heard, sex is a pretty big and amazing thing, and why would I want to waste it with just anyone? Something that amazing should be saved to experience it with someone amazing.

And it's not like I'm planning to marry a non-amazing guy.

Maybe it's because I'm old fashioned, maybe it's my Catholic upbringing (I'm very strong in my morals lining up with Catholic Church's teachings). Maybe it was the way I was raised by my parents. Maybe I'm just a late bloomer hiding behind the whole "I won't have sex until I married" so I don't have to deal with the anxiety about being naked and my body image.

Maybe it's all three.

But I'm old-fashioned and it works for me.

5 Comments:

abeautifulhope said...

Ok, so I have been getting your posts for a while, but I've never felt like I should comment :) I just wanted to tell you that I 100% agree with you. I'm not Catholic, but I am a Christian. For me, I want my marraige to be AMAZING. I don't want to go into my marraige with baggage and emotional attachments to other men. Can you say eww? I also go one step further and believe in courtship in order to protect my emotional purity. I also will not be kissing a guy until my wedding day. Yes, I am extremely old fashioned ;) Also, just so you know that there are also GUYS who believe this, I am friends with a family whose boys also follow the same pattern I do. They are all amazing young men and are committed to protecting women and women's purity. Also, have you ever heard of Eric and Leslie Ludy?

With Love,
Lauren

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Kudos to you!

Once upon a time I wanted to wait. Not for religious reasons but because I didn't want to give something special away for something that may not last a lifetime.

I didn't end up waiting. And I've had a few partners. Luckily for me, I don't regret my decision to not wait.

However, I applaud you for being stronger than I was at that point.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Love your blog name btw!! And I think it's amazing you want to wait until marriage because honestly sex always complicates things before hand...I don't have regrets for not waiting but just sometimes I wonder what if I had...

Christina said...

I think it is great that you are waiting. It is up to the individual and i think it is amazing.
Just found your blog!
Now following!
Looking forward to keeping up with your blog!

xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

Christina said...

I think it is great that you are waiting. It is up to the individual and i think it is amazing.
Just found your blog!
Now following!
Looking forward to keeping up with your blog!

xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover