15.4.13

Single Girl


Sometimes, I'm pretty sure it's the faces I make that make me single. Like that one up there. Where I've got my face scrunched up and I'm throwing a sideways peace sign. 

Or maybe this one. The infamous duck face pose. Except for me, I can not be serious while making the duck face. I just feel so ridiculous doing it, I have to go all out and make a fool out of myself, you know? 

Lately, I've been into making funny faces. I used to be such a hard ass about the pictures that showed up on the internet. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's the fact that I'm finally making improvements to my body, or maybe it's that I'm becoming more comfortable in front of the camera, but Saturday night when I did a little shoot with my friend, David, I was full of goofy faces. 

I've noticed lately that it seems like everyone is going on dates or finding a significant other.

And I'm just sitting here like "I've got this cool camera lens mug, wanna see?"

It's been two years (oh my goodness, I can't believe it's been that long), but it's been two years since I was in my only relationship. Crazy how you realize those things at the randomest moments (like while you're singing in the elevator), right?

Sometimes, I think I'm ready for a relationship. Ready to feel that rush of joy again when you first meet someone, when you go on your first date, those special moments when your heart gets all giddy. 

Then I see friends go through drama and heartbreak and I remember how my first heartbreak was. It was not pretty. And I'm one of those people that can empathize with someone in a split second if I've been there, so whenever my poor friends talk about their heartbreak, I can go back to mine like it was yesterday.

On top of that, I cry at everything. I cry at sad songs, when I'm angry. Hell, I cried at the Hannah Montana Movie. So, I always want to cry with my friends when I see them sad. Even when they don't cry.

Moments like those and I think, there's no way I'll ever be ready for a relationship. And maybe that's true. Maybe I'm destined to be the single girl trotting around city streets taking pictures of signs because no one understands why I do it.

Maybe I'll marry a wonderful man and we'll have lots of kids. 

I don't know. But for now, as I live in the moment, I'll just enjoy being a single girl. 

1 Comment:

VioletDaffodils said...

love these photographs :D xx

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover