2.4.13

howdy style


I've never really considered myself fashionable. Or stylish. And then I started blogging, and two years, I've become a lot more girly than I used to be. I used to be nothing but sneakers, shorts and t-shirts. Didn't even discover the wonders of eyeliner until junior year. It took me a long time to figure out the perks of being the fairer sex.

And I'm still working on figuring it out.

In the past two years, as my style has grown, I've taken a bigger interest in fashion and style. Then I got hooked on pinterest and started looking at all the pretty styles and clothes people had. And I'm obsessed.

I told my mom back in January that mint was going to be the big winter color and pink and orange would be the summer colors. Went shopping two days later with her, the whole store was mint (and I got the shirt in the left picture then too!). Went back to the same store this past weekend and it was al orange and pink. Not that I'm complaining about the abundance of orange since I'm a bearkat, but dang it, I miss my purple. I sadly got rid of all my purple back when I thought purple was a big NO NO at Sam. 

I love shopping, but being a poor college kid, I don't get to do it nearly as much as I'd like, and when I do, it's to the protests of my dad. Most of the time, I shop at Kohls, but lately, I've felt like all their juniors clothes are too preppy and small, and the women's clothes are too old. I've taken a liking to JcPenny's. They've got such bright clothes, and our JcPenny's is huge. I'm really starting to like it.

Besides those two stores, pretty much all my clothes are t-shirts that come from organizations and school. Since I've moved to Huntsville, I've discovered that I can use the clothes I have to create a different style. A mix of the city and high fashion, my roots to DFW, but my sense of being Texas with jeans and some nicely patterned shirts.

And my cowboy boots.

Because nothing puts a little spring in a Texas girl's step like a pair of cowboy boots. 

1 Comment:

Laura Toeniskoetter said...

ehehe, i was never really girly either until i started my blog. my style is changing too, i'm taking more risks with my style now. experimenting with colors and patterns is fun. :)

love, moon
blog | twitter

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover