26.4.13

College Apartment • Purple + Gold Chevron



1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7


This year, my dorm room is black and white with pink. My comforter is called "Passport" from Bed, Bath & Beyond. It's okay. I picked pink because I didn't want purple when purple is the enemy color here. Then I quickly realized that I didn't actually care if purple was the enemy color. I love the color purple. It's fun and feminine, but not over used for girls like pink is. 

I am glad that I had pink, black & white this past year, because I got to take a really cool design class and I spent months pouring over pinterest, looking at pretty pictures of color. A few months ago, I discovered So Shay. Shay is a bearkat (eat 'em up, kats!) and a full-time photographer living in Austin. Her blog is pink and gold and I remember the first time I saw it, I had design crush. The graphics just seem to totally pop on her blog. I love everything about it.

But, alas, pink is not my color, though I tried to make it. I'm a purple girl through and through. Next blog design will have purple in it. Then maybe I'll keep it up for a few months. Gold and Purple is officially my color crush. In fact, last weekend when I went to College Station with my aunt and mom, we went to The Home Depot and I picked up purple paint sample pages and Gold glitter paint. 

I am going to have so much fun this summer. 

Honestly, I can't wait to be able to make a lot of this and put it all together in August. 

I've got another theme that I'll be tying into it (one of those pictures is kind of a giveaway! Any ideas what it may be?) that I'll talk about next week, but for now, here's my inspiration for gold and purple! 

What are your favorite color combinations? 

2 Comments:

Alicia said...

Red & black has always been my go to combination. Those were my high school colors though so I guess that's why. Aren't chevron patterns great? Even my husband likes them. I'm really digging the purple and gold.

LeeLee said...

I really like the color combinations you posted. I would have never thought these colors would go together, but they do. So pretty.

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover