22.3.13

B I T C H.

Photo Credit

I'm a bitch. 

And I don't consider that a bad thing. You see, I've learned in life that you can try to please people or you can please yourself. Go chase your dreams. 

Last night, my sister texted me asking me to answer a few questions for her for her homework. One of her questions was "What did you learn in school that helped you in your career?" 

I told her:

"No one is going to do your job. If you want something, you're the only person in your way from getting it." 



It's kind of a bitchy answer, a hard answer. No sugar coating, but it is what it is. And I'm a bitch.

But I'm not the kind of stereotypical bitch you think of. No, I'm the kind of bitch that knows exactly what I want and I'm not going to stop until I get it all. I refuse to take "no" for an answer when it comes to achieving my dreams. 

There's a lot of dreams I haven't accomplished yet, but that doesn't mean I never will accomplish them. That just means it's not the right time for that dream. 

Lately, I've noticed a lot of people who always want something from me. Want to use me, want me to do things for them. And lately, my responses to these requests are becoming more and more blunt and to the point. And a lot of the time, the answer is becoming "no." Why should I go after your dream for you? That distracts from mine. 

I'm a bitch because I'm a narrow-minded girl, eyes on the big goal. I know there are goals I still haven't discovered for myself, but when I do, I know I'll go after them too. 

I'm a bitch because I won't let people stand in my way of getting what I want. My doubters only make me more determined.

I'm a bitch.

And I'm proud. 

1 Comment:

Laura said...

preach it! :)

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover