14.2.13

Catholic to the Core // Sunday School

Ash Wednesday (yesterday)

For most of my life, I was in Sunday school. At my church, you start when you're four and you don't stop until the end of your sophomore year.

That's a lot of time in sunday school. Which is now Faith Formation. But I call it religious ed. 

Confusing right? 

Sunday mornings were always church then class. And I was always the smart kid. We talked a lot about the history of the church, the morals, we talked about it all. And I always knew it all. At the time, I hated it, but looking back on it, Sunday school was one of the best things that ever happened to me. It instilled in me traditions and opinions I'd never have if it wasn't for those classes.

Sunday school is something I can only hope my kids will love as much as I do.

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover