9.1.13

Meet the Sponsors


For January, I asked my sponsors to tell y'all a little about themselves and what their New Years' Resolution is. 
Hi, I'm Leslie! I'm 27 and live outside of Oklahoma City with my husband and our two dogs. I spend my days working for a non-profit and my nights working as a social worker. In between, I'm blogging my way through a 100+ pound weight loss. I hope you will come join me!
---
I have quite a few. I shared a few of them on my blog.
I want to lose the rest of my weight this year. I want to write more. And I want to live a life of love. I want this year to be the best yet and I want to make a difference in the world around me.
My name is Mariella, I am 19 years old and live in the Treasure Valley. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Now I am obsessed with art and creating things.
---
My resolutions were to broaden my artistic talents so they include poetry and drawing.


I am a jewelry wordsmith based in beautiful Portland, OR. My shop combines two of my longtime passions: jewelry and writing. It's the best of both worlds, really. I have been making jewelry on and off since 2002, though I never found quite the right jewelry medium until 2011 when I was introduced to hand stamped jewelry. I have a background in writing, so the idea that I can create a beautiful piece of jewelry that literally speaks to you is enchanting. Each letter is done by hand, so it isn't a perfect art, but when you string the letters together, they form something very meaningful. I believe words are the most powerful things we have. A beautiful or bittersweet phrase is a work of art in and of itself. I try to showcase that with my jewelry.
---
I am not much for resolutions, but if I made one, I'd say... I want to stop planning and begin living in the moment. I want to recognize that the only moment that I can count on is the one I'm living in. So, I need to love like crazy and leave my heart open to those around me.

Want to be a sponsor and featured on Howdy Girl? Click the sponsor tab on the sidebar.

1 Comment:

mariellahunt.com said...

How did I just see this? <3 YOU'RE AWESOME

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover