1.1.13

2013: My New Years Resolutions

Happy New Years y'all! I can't believe it's 2013 already. I turn twenty this year! My mind is blown!

This year, I've made a bunch of New Years Resolutions. Three. I hope I can get them all done!


1. My Nails

Photo Source
Forever, I have been notorious about biting my nails. I bit them constantly. It's an extremely bad habit caused by anxiety. A lot of my anxiety (socially, at least) went down when I moved to Huntsville, but the habit stayed. About two weeks ago, I finally decided it was time to kick the habit for good, and I started this resolution early. I had one day at my grandparents' house last week where it was super loud and the anxiety got to me and I bit one nail off, but besides that, I've done pretty well.

Also, I think the real reason I decided to quit biting my nails is because you have to use your nail to open the battery compartment on my camera and I was always embarrassed to ask people to open it for me. 

2. Weight Loss

Photo Source
I know it's the same old line everyone feeds at the beginning of the year, but it's true. Eventually, my body adapted to the hills of Huntsville and I became cursed with the freshman fifteen. By the end of the semester, I was too close to hitting my panic weight and decided I needed to watch my weight while I was at home (Yay for losing three pounds!), and when I got back to Huntsville, I needed to seriously kick it into high gear on exercising. The resolution isn't so much about losing weight as it is getting into shape. Because of my hypothyroidism, I'm supposed to work out more than most people, to keep going. I work out way less than most people. Another part of this is just eating better. For the past few days (though I cheated yesterday), I've been skipping the potato chips for apples and peanut butter at lunch. It keeps me full until dinner time, and I love it. I'm definitely going to invest in a jar of peanut butter for school. 


3. Project 365


I attempted to start this on my 18th birthday. Failed about two weeks later. Attempted it again at the beginning of the year (Gosh... I had to stop and think "was that really just twelve months ago?"). Failed two days after I started. But now, I've got a great little camera (who still needs a name) with me, and I intend to use it as much as I can. There's still so many things I don't know about my camera, and I'm dying to figure out all the ends and outs of this sucker. I'm sure I'll start another photography blog just for my project 365 photos, and I'll be sure to post the link up when I do. 


2 Comments:

Shainee said...

Hi , Laura !!!! A very happy 2013 to you and good luck with your resolutions :-D I was going through your blog and liked it so much that i m following you now :)

stay blessed and happy blogging !!!

apieceofshe.blogspot.in

Krystal said...

Good luck with your goals! =]

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover