31.12.12

2012: A Look Back

Can y'all believe it's the last day of 2012?!?! Jeez, time flies! I usually like to do one of those year in review things, with the big, long, chunky paragraphs, but this weekend, I found a neat little questionnaire floating around a bunch of blogs, so I figured, why the heck not!




What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I went to Kansas City, graduated high school, went to Victoria's Secret, moved to Huntsville and started college. It was a big year for me. 
Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any. And I've already made a bunch for this upcoming year. (Check tomorrow's post for that!)
Did anyone close to you give birth? One of my high school classmates (There's only 800 of them!) had a baby. But, that's it.
Did anyone close to you die?
This year? Thank God, no.
What countries did you visit?
The United States. XD
What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More lens for my new camera. 
What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
August 25th! My baby sister's birthday, and the day I moved to Huntsville. 
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating high school! 
What was your biggest failure?
A lot of people left my life, and I had some set backs on my personal life, some that are still unresolved.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (Though that might have been right at the end of 2011, I'm not sure).
What was the best thing you bought?
My MacBook and my T3i.
Whose behavior merited celebration?
My roommate, Brooke. I can't imagine what it must be like to live with me, but she does it everyday, and I am so grateful to have her in my life!
Allie, my best friend in the whole world. Many people entered and left my life this past year, and she never, ever wavered when it came to staying my friend. 
Where did most of your money go?
College bills, food, and shopping. 
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Graduating, moving, starting college, then coming back home and having home cooked meals.
What song will always remind you of 2012?
"We Are Never, Ever, Ever Getting Back Together" - Taylor Swift. Not that it has anything to do with the year specifically, but.... Admit it, the thing is *everywhere*
Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?Happier
Thinner or fatter? fatter (damn you freshman fifteen!)
Richer or poorer? poorer (I mentioned the fact that I started college, right?)
What do you wish you’d done more of?
Wish I would have taken more photos. I wish I would have spent more time with the people who are always going to be there for me. 
What do you wish you’d done less of?
People-pleasing. Trying to always resolve things. Shopping!
How will you be spending Christmas? I sang at Midnight Mass and then woke up five hours later to do Christmas presents, then to drive to Austin.
Did you fall in love in 2012?
Ha. Ha. Ha.
Does my book character count?
How many one-night stands? Zero. (Purity rings tend to discourage that)
Who were your best friends?
Allie. 
What thing did you do that was meaningful to others?
Taught faith formation for the first half of the year. 
What were your favorite TV programs?
Castle, Nashville, Malibu Country
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? nope.
What was the best book you read in 2012? The High Heels Mysteries
What was your greatest musical discovery? the soundtrack to Nashville
What did you want and get?
A Macbook pro and a canon t3i were the big ones.
What did you want but did NOT get?
The job at Barnes and Noble.
What was your favorite film of this year?
The Avengers. I saw Jack Reacher this weekend and it was really good.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to the Sam Houston State Vs. A&M game to see my family. Went with my friend Andrew! I was 19.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More rain … cooler summer temps.
What kept you sane?
Walks with my dog, listening to my music. Singing. Reading books. Going out with my best friends. 
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Chris Young. He's a country singer. His voice is from Heaven. 
What political issue stirred you the most?
The Birth Control nonsense. 
Who did you miss?
My mom, when I'm away at college. That woman is amazing, 
Who was the best new person you met this year?
Brooke: my roommate. She's as sweet as can be. 
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
People can change.
But they usually don't. 
Quote that sums up your year:
"Just cause I ain't been through, the same hand that was dealt to you, doesn't make me any less, or make any more of you." 

2 Comments:

Jenn said...

Cute post !

Happy new year !

Amy Toeniskoetter said...

Love you Lala. Mom is amazing.

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover