2.11.12

Two Years Gone

I posted about this last year, but I honestly think it may become something I post about every year.

Everyone talks about that moment that changed their life: having a baby, getting married, a car accident, the death of someone, those moments that are so big, your life will never be the same.

But when I look back at my life thus far, and everything that it's thrown at me, inkpop was still one of those defining things that made me a part of what I am now.

Don't get me wrong. I don't go around bragging that my book was read by a publisher. I mean, it's something I'm proud of, but in the long run, besides my best friends, who cares? And honestly, I don't think my best friends really care anymore. Writing books is just what I do.

Writing has kind of become my safety net. And I'm not just talking about the physical act of writing the words out, but the writing world itself. Some of my greatest friends in the world are friends I met because of the words we write.

Looking back now, it's hard to imagine how I wrote without the support from people I have now. inkpop gave me that support I'd never had. Back when I got into the top five, becoming a top pick was still hard to do. That was a super vote of confidence that kept me going when I needed the most.

These past two years have changed me in ways I've never expected. Life threw curveballs and I had to swing and hope I hit. Sometimes I missed.

Sometimes I hit myself with the bat because I missed so badly.

Writing is the same way.

It's changed me into a better person. I look at the world a little differently and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 Comment:

Cris said...

I'm so thrilled! I didn't know you were a big shot! I think even the little things that change our life are amazing.

I'm Cris by the way :)

www.lightmeupblog.com

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover