10.9.12

saturday night lights

Here in Texas, football is a big thing.

You know that TV show Friday Night Lights? Well, I've never seen it, but based on what I've heard, it sounds pretty accurate to the relationship Texans have with their football.

Friday night is high school football and Saturday is college football.

Saturday was my school's opening game. After our undefeated (well, except for the championship game) season last year, we're ranked number one in our division. We're playing big schools this year like Baylor and Texas A&M. I don't think it'll be too long before Sam Houston State is  big name school like A&M or UT or Alabama.

Needless to say, the game was pretty awesome. The visitors side was packed in orange even though it was a home game. The bearkats pretty much filled the whole stadium. There were over 11,000 people there.

So here are some pictures from my kats' winning season opener.


0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover