5.9.12

Into Another World

I haven't opened up my book in almost two weeks.

Life has been hectic to say the least. With the moving and my phone that broke last week (finally got it fixed yesterday after my friend so kindly drove the hour's drive to The Woodlands with me) and classes starting up and meeting so many people....

There are moments I have to stop and go....

Oh yeah, I have books I need to write. 

The characters are there buzzing in my head, but there's so much to do.

Everyday, I do some homework and read a little. Look at pretty blogs and creep on facebook. There's only one thing that reminds me of the book calling my name.


The review from my book, almost two years ago. I had just turned seventeen right before I got my review. It was the greatest moment of my life up until then.

Nowadays, it's just a part of history. It rarely comes up when I talk about the books I write. It's a distant memory. The book HC read and the book I'm editing are totally different, just the same name.

When that review came, I was in the middle of NaNoWriMo, racing with a book I didn't quite finished on time. I was on a writing high. Unstoppable.

After that break while I was writing instead of promoting, I lost touch with inkpop, and after Snatched failed, I never really got back into inkpop.

I wish I had.

Writing with an audience is totally different than writing with no one.... The comments and the feedback are exhilarating.

And, I admit, I miss it.

Sometimes I think if I had that little encouragement again, I'd be so happy, but everyone is always busy.

I'm the same way.

It's a vicious cycle. Having people read your book and becoming fans, it's another world.

And I miss it.

3 Comments:

Eve Myers said...

Busy-ness happens!!!

Sandra said...

I got so many idea in my head wich could be possibly a book as well, but I just don't think, that I really have the talent to write it in an interesting way^^
Sandra

Kristen @ KV's Confessions said...

I think any kind of creative work is stop and go.. sometimes you feel it, sometimes you need to take a break to get the juices flowing again. Feedback is always a good thing - but remember, you are the one you need to please! Sometimes I'll do a design, and I do really want others to like it, but at the same time, I don't really care what they think! I also need to be in solitude to create- sometimes when there are too many opinions/inspiration (blogging being a part of that) I get lost in it and lose my spark.

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover