7.8.12

singing

One of my biggest passions that I don't talk about is singing. I sang in the choir at church for four years. Saturday night was my last night singing as a cantor.

Cantoring is a fancy word for leading everyone at church in song. I've been a cantor as long as I've been in the choir. Before I was in the choir, I did the children's choir as long as I could remember. And I did the middle school choir.

As long as I can remember, I've been singing. I love driving by myself because I can turn the stereo up and just jam out to my Miranda Lambert.

Singing is just something that makes me happy. I love it. Music is one of those things I can't imagine my life without. Singing on stage, or at church or even just in the car, I get totally lost in the music.

Songs free me but capture me in the moment when I'm emotional. I love how songs can just pin exactly the way I feel.

Music is one of my biggest loves and it always be.

3 Comments:

Torie said...

I swear we're the same person. I have been singing in my church's praise band lately, and I am HUGE on belting it out in the car. I love singing, but in junior high I had to choose between band and choir. I chose band, which I don't regret, but that means I never got some of the training I would have liked. I've just self-taught based on the radio. Music is amazingly powerful.

Amy Toeniskoetter said...

We used to jam in the car to Miranda lambert together. We haven't since school got out. In less you count that pizza place, but that was to the Dixie Chicks. And Lala those rides with you in the car are what I will miss most when you leave at the end of the month.


Love you Lala
Amy

Savannah Jean said...

Singing is also my passion. :) I wanna hear you sing

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover