21.7.12

staying inspired

part of being creative, wether it's in the form of writing or designing a blog or creating a notebook or anything else, part of being creative is staying inspired.

I've been struggling with this lately, I spend all day at home, my friends are either busy or out of town. I sit in front of a computer screen, reading blogs, playing on twitter, attempting to finish my next design or editing my book while jamming to Hannah Montana (that's another post).

I spend more time drooling over things I wish I had the money to afford cute clothes like so many other bloggers have. Most of my closet is t-shirts since I spent most of my life hating anything but them.

I wanna get out of town, move, decorate a place to call my own for eight months. I want to meet new people; I'm frustrated with some of the people in my life now.

Life has just become a rut.

And we all know ruts aren't fun.

This summer has been fun at points, but those are just points. Most of the time it's just a long boring day after day. And when I go to work, I grumble about all the work I could be doing at home.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle of a midlife crisis, even though I'm only eighteen. There's moments I look at a box and that's all it is... a box.

And one of my biggest secret loves in life are boxes. You can do so many things with them.

It's hard to stay inspired in a rut. I feel like music has become my biggest inspiration. I'm listening more to the lyrics. The connection to some songs are new, songs I'd never thought I'd be inspired with.

Oh, my other inspiration? pinterest. The other night, I spent twenty minutes just pinning clothes I wish I had.

Oh jeez, I'm loving the clothes and the inspiration of thinking "If I get up off my lazy butt, work out and lose those few extra pounds, I'd look really good in that outfit."

Then I remember I'm a broke college kid.

Staying inspired is remembering to dream for me.

Staying inspired is like a lifeline for me.

What do you do to stay inspired?

6 Comments:

Riv Re said...

I would tell you that Pinterest has some great inspirational boards, but that's kind of counterproductive, isn't it?

I'm sorry. It's so annoying. Try finding a park, and hanging out there for a while? I believe it was John Green (might have been his brother ,Hank) who said that it's fun to go to the woods and birdwatch and make up fake names for all the species you come across. =D

Music is a great start, too! I can't live without it. Here's a random song stuck in my head right now: Have Faith in Me by A Day to Remember.
Just a random song recommendation for you. :)

Good luck getting out of your funk!

~Riv Re
Riv Reads

Eve Myers said...

I wish I had the answer for that, cause I've felt the same way lately too. So, if you find the answer, let me know.

Sierra said...

Just allow yourself this time to be creative. I find myself doing the same thing.
if it's any consolation, I just found your blog and I love it!
xx,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

Cait Emma said...

ugh i totally know how you feel. it drives me nuts sometimes - but i like to get creative away from the computer. it totally helps to get outside. like journaling or sketching at the beach or park. reading outside...on the other hand, i've looked up places to do other creative things. for example, i convinced my boyfriend to go paint pottery with me cause there is a studio in downtown!

Mrs. Pedersen said...

Quiet time with scripture & coffee is a great way for me to get inspired ab life! I also love Pinterest or browsing local flea markets. :)

Katherine / Of Corgis and Cocktails said...

sometimes looking at things like pinterest just makes me want things more! in college i learned to knit and i made a lot of things - and it takes awhile so i had to work for it. i also spent a lot of time focusing on photography, and other things. i also watch TV (i don't have cable, just hulu). anyhow, i understand your frustration - but don't forget that sometimes the real world sucks too! i am living on my own in a new place and it's been almost a year - and i'm ready to go home!

<3 katherine
crave jewelry necklace giveaway // of corgis & cocktails

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover