9.7.12

reprioritizing


Well, according to my mac, that's not even a real word - "reprioritizing" - but you know what? I don't care.

I've kind of given up on the whole grammar nazi thing, except when it comes to annoying my sister (love you, Amy.) I mean, if people can't spell, I'm not going to be the one who teaches them too. That ain't my job.

in fact, in my efforts of figuring out my life, I've decided I'm changing my major. You may remember when I said I was going to major in history.

Not any more.

I've changed my mind. I realized that I don't want to spend the rest of my life in a classroom. I'd rather be writing a book, or working on a design.

So, I changed my major.

But I don't know what I'm majoring in. Maybe something communications related. Which is pretty funny since all the communications jobs that I can think of involve talking to lots of people.

And the past couple of years, I've really crawled back into my shell. I don't go out and party, I don't have that many friends. Most of my friends are blogging friends or writing friends. I have, like, five friends that are in my life on a constant basis.

Call me nuts, but I kind of like being behind the sides in life.

But, I feel the need to get back up and do something bold and daring.

So, I gotta add that to my list of priorities.

Reprioritizing is hard, I will not lie, but I'm gonna figure it out.

I hope.

2 Comments:

Ansel Leigh said...

I graduated with an English degree, and to be perfectly, honest, I really wish I had majored in Comm. I love the design and visual media stuff, as well as the writing. Sure, English will always be my love, but I could have easily done a double English/Spanish minor.

What it boils down to, is following your heart. Figure out what makes you happy and go with it! Good luck chica!

Young Georgia Love said...

hey, girl! found you from revolutionizeher! and i love your site! i agree with you on reprioritizing and it should totally be a word. you seem to be an excellent writer, so i'm sure you'll reach your dream, no problem:)
-jessie

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover