16.2.12

thursday tatics // editing


That darned little "e" word. -sigh- edits, how I loathe you. I loathe you like I loathe that elliptical machine I had to get on Tuesday. (Don't even get me started on how much it hurts to walk. Didn't realize I was that out of shape.)

There are many things I need to work on for The Assassin. That's only some of them. In fact, I'm sure once I dive into it, there'll be much, much more to change.

For instance, I've got to make sure that all my dialouge is smooth and makes sense, and it's only awkward if I need it to be.

I've gotta nail my description (pretty hard to do since I'm in Texas and Cassie is in a bunch of places BESIDES Texas - though she is in Texas part of the time) and make sure I can paint a picture with my words.

Oh, yeah. Originally, every third chapter (like three, six, nine, twelve.....ect...) was a flashback to Sarah, Cassie's mom. Not anymore. I've decided it would be much more fun to go ahead and use that space to tell the story through Brent's POV, but in third person.

I'm going to have so much fun with that. I mean, who doesn't want to tell the story from the bad guy's perspective?

But, I feel like I owe a lot of what I have now on this draft to Evie. She's been there numerous times as I go "OOH WHAT ABOUT THIS?!"

Seriously, hopefully someday, y'all will get to read it. It is nothing at all like the draft Harper Collins read back in 2010. (that seems like so long ago!)

I can't even stress how much different it is.

But, I'll give you one of the big changes.

Cassie now works for the government.

-insert evil laugh as people go "what?"-

:D

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover