2.1.12

book boyfriends // joe morelli

Happy New Year! 


Right now, I'm stuck in English class, which brings me to the first new post series of the year, book boyfriends! Every Monday (at least until I run out of boys) will feature a new book boyfriend.

First up, well, my favorite, Mr. Joe Morelli. He's Stephanie Plum's off and on boyfriend in the books. In the very first book, he's a cop who's been arrested for murdering an unarmed man. He's bailed out and skips his hearing to avoid going back to jail.

In the first book, One for the Money, Stephanie has to catch Morelli and take him back to jail to receive her first paycheck of $10,000. Except Morelli doesn't want to be caught. 

Joe Morelli has appeared in all eighteen of the Stephanie Plum books. He and Stephanie have had quite a romance, from when they were kids, to teenagers, to that failed engagement I was so excited about. There are several times that Janet Evanovich, the author, writes about how Joe Morelli basically oozes testosterone. 

And it's true.  

He's a bit overprotective of Stephanie, always afriad she's going to get in trouble for doing things a tad bit left of the norm and for not being the best bounty hunter. 

I still totally believe they will get married and have lots of babies, just like Morelli's grandma Bella says. 

Morelli, and everyone in the series, are adults, so if you aren't comfortable with reading adult books (this is a mystery, there's some dead people, some crime, and some sexual refrences), wait a while before you read this book, but trust me, once you wait, it'll totally be worth it.

I promise.


^^Jason O'Mara as Joe Morelli in One for the Money. It's out January 27th! 

3 Comments:

_kArLy[*] said...

bahah. i love this. happy new year! :]
-karly

flor said...

haha i'll have to add it to my list of books to read this year! i just finished reading bossypants, and it was frilarious (friggin hilarious). happy new year and it's a pleasure to meet you!

ps. how did you get those pinterest/twitter icons at the top of your blog? they're lovely and so unique. email me, if it's not too much to ask: fantastic_flor@hotmail.com

have a nice day :)

Rachel said...

I am ashamed to say that I have never read any of her books, but this inspires me :)

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover