31.12.11

outta chapstick // a look back at 2011

Yes, you read that right. I summed up my year from the lack of chapstick. It seems like every time I turn around, I need chapstick.

And I never have any.

I also lived my life by a little saying that I felt matched my life several times this year:

"even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger." I SWEAR! If you haven't heard this song already from the amount of times I've talked about it, you're living under a rock! 

But, besides that song, I've found a lot of songs that applied to my life, especially this year. Best album of the year?

Two way tie between Hell on Heels by the Pistol Annies and Four the Record by Miranda Lambert (one of the three pistol annies.)

Best books? Well, the Vampire Academy series, duh. This one is kind of a tricky subject since I read the first one in 2010, started the second one the last day of 2010 and finished the series this year. I reread the series in July when I went to Washington DC. They're a great read, if you haven't, you need to read them, now!

This year was a year of struggle too. I went through some tough stuff at the beginning of the year with a friend. Everything is okay now, but I was really worried about her. 

Then there was that little disaster of the boyfriend, but that's all I'm going to say about that.

Senior year has been no easier, personally, than I expected it to be. The death of my grandma kind of summed it up. 

2011 was about finiding myself even when others can't. I learned just how much BS I'm going to take before I blow up in your face (it's not much). I found out where I'm going to go next year (you'll soon find out too), I found out what I'm going to do with my life and hopefully what life will bring me next.

Writing has kind of been a dud, no finished books, though I did start Super Ordinary in February and worked a lot on The Assassin. 

2012 will be a good year. 

As long as I don't lose my chapstick.

Happy new year! 

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover