17.12.11

the new failure

Guys, I need your help. As y'all know, I'm a high school senior with college looming over my shoulder. I've been applying for scholarships like crazy, and this post is for a scholarship. Let me warn you first, this is a political blog post, and while I totally encourage all of y'all to comment about your opinions and stuff, please, let's keep it mature, okay? Anyways, if you guys are seniors or in college, you can do this scholarship too!


Here's the prompt: 
"As the nation approaches its 57th Presidential Election, we're asking the future leaders of this country, students, to define the single most important political issue in this election. Tell us not only what that issue is, but also tell us why and how you propose we come to a solution that benefits the majority?"

For the official 8.6% of the country without a job, the most important thing this upcoming election is how will the next President create jobs? President Obama's attempts to create jobs have failed, and honestly, it didn't surprise me. All he did was repeat history.

Back in 1933, after FDR was elected president, he established numerous laws that became known as the New Deal. The basic idea was for the government to spend money creating agencies, jobs, and services for the struggling Americans. Well, I think it's a safe bet to say that didn't work (it was World War Two that ended the recession). All the New Deal really did was increase the deficit.

Does this sound familiar? This past summer, what did we have? A war about the debt and deficit. (Trust me, I was in DC the week before they finally passed the deal).



I don't think it should shock any of you to say I'm a fiscal (and social) conservative. So, my suggestion would be that the government needs to get out of the way. Before the Great Depression, people actually saved money for when they retired, no nice paycheck in the form of Social Security every month.

Most of the things the federal government does can easily be given to the states. I'd feel much better knowing that laws that apply to my life come out of Austin, Texas instead of DC.

If the federal government would hand over many of it's responsibilities to the states, the deficit and the debt would stop growing at such a rapid rate. It's scary when you look at those debt clocks and they just keep going and going! Talk about a headache.

When the government stops the crazy spending, the need for money will be a lot less, which in turn means lower taxes. If everyone has lower taxes, they can spend money. If people spend money, businesses do better which means they'll need to hire more people.

Which means the jobless rate goes down.  See, it isn't that complicated! If the federal government would stick to the basics, it would snowball into more job creation.

And then maybe Obama wouldn't be remembered for the new failure.

This is an official blog entry for the YourLocalSecurity.com Blogging Scholarship. If selected, I'll receive $1000 towards my college expenses in 2012. This scholarship is sponsored by YourLocalSecurity.com

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover