8.12.11

the best draft ever

I've sat here for about fifteen minutes deciding how on Earth I want to start this post. Lately, I feel life has slowed down, but still going way too fast. I'm one of those people, I have to constantly be doing something. At school, if I finish what we're doing for the day, I'll pull out my writing spiral or a piece of notebook paper and plot or write the rest of the time. If I'm not in the mood, I'll read a book. I can never sit there and just enjoy a moment, there's always something to be doing.

Then again, life has slowed down to where I get home, and instead of trying to write, I find myself wasting hours looking at blogs and playing on facebook to read the latest drama of my schoolmates, even though most of it makes no sense to me.

I need a deadline or motivation to finish The Assassin. As I've mentioned in a few other posts, it's gone through so pretty major changes, and now, I'm kind of lacking the motivation to finish it since I know I'll just have to go back and rip up everything I've written so far.

Plus, my brain is just a hot bed for new plot ideas. I've been so focused on just finishing The Assassin, my brain feels the need to create different plot ideas. Like, counting Skewed Rescue, I have about four ideas that need to be/could be written - but they all need to be fleshed out more before I start working on them (well, I already started handwriting Skewed Rescue, there's about ten pages handwritten). That, and I know if I stop working on The Assassin now, I may never come back to finish it.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm kind of bored with it.

Let me elaborate: I'm not sick of Cassie, I'm just sick of rewriting the same book time after time. I'm ready to be able to put the first book behind me and continue sharing the rest of her story with the world.

Haha, I wish.

But, I know I need to make this the best draft ever of The Assassin. I want this to be the draft (with some major editing) to be the draft that people pick up off the shelf at the library or the local book store.

I feel it in my bones, that this could be the one that really kicks the door open for me.

If I ever finish it.

So, if any of you feel the need to email me, like everyday (seriously, feel free to), go ahead and harass me to finish it. And let me know if you want to read it when I finish it. Though, you'll probably get lost since it does, like, a one-eighty in the middle of the draft.

If I'm lucky, I'll have it finished (minus edits) by graduation.

If I'm lucky....

2 Comments:

Cassie Mae said...

I encourage you to keep writing for some an awesome person! Cassie is the best name ever ;)

Christine Murray said...

I know how you feel, I feel like I haven't enough time to do anything *just because*.

I feel you on the editing. It's necessary, but gruelling. I wish you the best of luck with it.

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover