29.11.11

skewed rescue



Andi May left. Left her job, the boy she thought loved her, the security. She left it all.For two months, she drifted across the world, with no place to go and nothing to do. But, now, the boy, Drew, has found her and is determined to get her back.

Hiding somewhere in Paris, is a missing diplomat from the United States, and it's up to Drew and Andi to find him, and make sure he returns unharmed. Seeing as she has no choice, Andi joins Drew as they fly to Paris to find the diplomat. 

But, once they arrive, Drew and Andi soon learn that the kidnappers have no plans to give up their hostage, sending Drew and Andi across the city, looking for clues and their missing man.With a time limit over their heads, Andi and Drew must find a way to save their man, and Andi must find herself again, or they may just all lose their lives. 

Wohoo! I am so excited to share this with you guys. I apologize for the crummy cover/pitch. Looking over it, it sounds like a romance book (not that there's anything wrong with romance books, I just don't write them). Let me tell you a little about this book:
You could argue that it's kind of The Assassin's big sister. Why? Well, it's a little more:

  • edgier
  • mature
  • tougher topics
  • dangerous
  • sexier
Plus a lot more. I feel like, for Andi, the stakes are much higher than for Cassie (which is strange to think, and I'm sure why I feel like that.)

I've started working on this book (I'm handwriting it while I finish up TA) and in the first scene, Andi is being chased by Drew....
So, does that give you a little peak into what on Earth is going on in my mind while I write this?

I'll have a teaser sometime soon, once I have more written.


8 Comments:

Evie J said...

I don't know what you're talking about bad. That sounds awesome to me! *hugs*

Dianne K. Salerni said...

It's awesome to have a new WIP to play with! (I have one too, but it's still in the percolating stage.)

What happened to the story that was inspired by Casey Anthony? (If I can even use the word "inspired" next to such an awful name.) I remember seeing a really amazing pitch for a story idea about a girl acquitted of murder and hated for it.

Um,that WAS on your blog, right? Sometimes I get confused.

Laura Toeniskoetter said...

Haha, yes, Dianne, that was my blog! I need to find time to write it, it'll be written someday!

Miss Emily K. said...

I love the Assassin, but it's hard to read it all in snippets. would you post like all (i mean all!) that you've written, or posted so far in order, and in one post?

i'd love to read it in order!! or you can email me at: theadventuresofrosieblog(at)gmail(dot)com

i have a giveaway going on at my blog until thursday morning at 9:00

Laura Toeniskoetter said...

Emily, I'm so glad you like it, but it's no where close to being done, and I'm going to have to scrap the beginning because of someone *cough EVIE cough* is helping me.
Sorry!

Autumn said...

Oh, gosh. This sounds fantastic, Laura! I'm in love<3

Elisabeth said...

it sounds great - definitely something i'd like to read.
you have a way with words.

your newest follower,
elisabeth
http://lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com/

Miss Emily K. said...

not all, just all that you've posted on here, but in order and all in one post....

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover