5.11.11

nobody's fool



Have you ever done something you've gone on to regret later in life?
This song is for you. Especially for relationships.... In Miranda's words, and don't quote me on this, this is just from my memory, she said she has songs like "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and "Kerosene"

, but "Nobody's Fool" is about after the fact. After you realize what an idiot you made of yourself.... because of him.
Last night, I told my friend that Miranda Lambert songs were to me like Taylor Swift songs are to normal teenage girls. You know, how every girl loved "Our Song" because it was "their" song? And everyone claims they instantly relate to Taylor's songs, even if they really don't? This is where you nod your heads and say "yes, Laura, teenage girls do." Trust me! I know!
But, for me, Miranda Lambert will always write songs that I can relate to. Minus the whole drinking thing. Because, well, I'm still too young for that. Only..... *does math* Three years, one week, and five days until I can legally drink! (So, based on that, can y'all figure out when my 18th birthday is? Just out of curiousity?)
So, I'm off to go get ready for work (that's a different blog post in itself.)
Happy Saturday! If you live in the U.S., enjoy your extra hour of sleep tonight, I know I will!

1 Comment:

trinketsandtalmud said...

Hiya!
I'm new to your blog - i found it through Sam and Chas. I just wanted to let you know that I love those songs too!
cheers, ellyse

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover