2.11.11

my wimpy little assassin

So, as I write this draft of TA, I realize that my little assassin has a lot of fears. Like, her dad, airplanes, a boy named Seth.
And, I love the irony of it.
So, I thought I'd share a couple of times Cassie talks about her fears, because, well, what's funnier than an afraid assassin?

This is when she's at the airport and runs into Seth Edwards. 

“Toots, you can’t avoid me forever.” He grinned one of those stupid, arrogant grins, like he thought I would eventually cave, begging him to kiss me again or something. Like it was something that happened on a regular basis, like he expected it.
            And, I was afraid that someday, I just might give him what he wanted. “You want a bet? Get out of here.” I turned and gave him a shove, and he fell back a few steps, more from being caught off guard than me actually being stronger than he was. “Just go away and never come back, do you hear me?”
            Seth grinned, clearly amused at my sudden outburst. “Woah, calm down, Toots. Am I not allowed to be at the airport?”
            “Just stay away from me,” I said, giving him another push. “Okay, I want nothing to do with you. I don’t want to see you during this break; I don’t want you to talk to me at school. Just. Go. Away.” One final shove sent him to the ground.
            I turned around and stormed off in the opposite direction, away from the man and away from Seth.
            “Cassie, wait up,” Seth called out. I could hear him coming after me. He caught up and held me at the shoulders.
            “Let me go,” I said, trying to shake free of him.
            “No, not yet.” He had a tight grip on them, and I couldn’t shake him lose. Sure, I killed grown men who were a whole lot bigger than him, but I couldn’t get him to let go of me. “What’s wrong?” he asked.
            “Nothing, go away.”
            “Cassie, I don’t believe that.” He looked down at me with those icy blue eyes and I had to look down to keep from blushing. Sure, we were in an airport, where people could watch us, but Seth standing so close was making me feel uncomfortable, in a good way.
            “Just…. It’s not important,” I said.
            “You think you’re clever, don’t you? It’s definitely important, otherwise you wouldn’t be blushing.”
            “Don’t,” I said pushing his arms away. “Leave me alone, okay?”


This one is when she's on the airplane.


Airplane weren’t a fun thing for me. I had a horrible fear of heights. The worst part was the departure. Once we were in the air and flying, I was fine, but during the take off, I was a nervous wreck. Of course, I’d end up stuck on the window seat. It was tempting to ask the guy next to me to switch with me, but based on the few words I’d exchanged with him.

So, I'm sure there are a bunch more, but these are a few of my little assassin's fears.

1 Comment:

NeuroticLover said...

I enjoy that your character and I share the same name. :)

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover