8.8.11

Oh, Summer, Where did You Go?

Five months ago, I had my whole summer planned. This was the summer I was gonna query and get an agent, which would lead to publishing (I hoped). This summer I was going to work at Lifetime with kids all day, come home and write at night. This summer, I was gonna have fun, enjoy life.
That is not how my summer went.
Instead, I got a boyfriend, only to be dumped three weeks before the end of school, and when you have a two and a half hour class everyday with your ex, awkward doesn't even begin to cover it. AP testing took over my life, and after that, SAT happened. My best friend took me to Santa Fe with her, and then I went camping in southeast Texas the week after.
As soon as I thought life was beginning to settle down, I went to a church conference, and then to DC for six days (including those dreaded plane rides), then back to southeast Texas to visit family.
And now, as soon as my online economics class ends, signalling the REAL summer, I'm starting an internship. There's just no time anymore is there?

Oh, and in between the time I have to do my internship, I have to annotate two books (Pride and Prejudice & 1984). And, I need to get further in The Assassin. Evie has been such a great help, she's an editing ninja! This book is really turning around and I'm so excited, I can't wait to let you guys read some of it! But not yet! I've still got a few things I gotta finish before I can let you part of it. And I have no idea how long that'll take!
On top of that, I've got another book that I've started to write, but there's only about 1,000 words in it, and it's really rough, so I've got to clean that up soon. Though, my main writing focus is The Assassin and I've been playing around on Gimp, trying to make a new cover, but it never comes out quite like I want it to. It's a lot cooler looking in my mind. *falls over*
<----See the new cover? I love the glowing text!
Oh, and to top it all off, it looks like a bomb went off in my room (more on that later), since I'm moving out next year and trying to go through things I don't need so it'll be easier later.
Needless to say, I'm wondering where on Earth summer went.
post signature

1 Comment:

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Sounds like a whirl-wind summer for you! They DO go so quickly -- for students and for teachers (who also have dreams of what they might accomplish). Here's hoping we both survive the end of summer!

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover