24.7.11

Washington DC


My feet are firmly on the ground. Firmly on the ground. Firmly on the ground.
I won't lie. On the way home yesterday, I cried during take-off. but I didn't last Sunday. Strange, strange, strange indeed. Anyways!
OMG! It was freaking hot there! Here in Texas, we're in the middle of a heat wave, and it followed us to DC, but it was worse there. Friday afternoon, the heat index was 118 in Washington DC. *dies* Darn river.
Anyways, I took a lot of great pictures, enjoy!
PURPLE DUMBO!

A PURPLE DUMBO!!


Dorthy's red slippers! (Which were silver in the book)

The White House, durr. 

Battle of Gettysburg museum. Part of that wooden fence is real, and part of it's painted. But which part is which? 


Capitol building, I got to go in it!

Elephant! 

The FREAKING HOPE DIAMOND!

Cool sign I bought at some Smithsonian. 

Metro Tunnel center. We rode these things so many times. 


What should be the Reflecting Pool. They're doing major construction, so right now, there's just a little puddle, so we called it the Reflecting Puddle. :D

Cool picture of a water fountain at the FDR memorial. (Don't get me started on that one.)

The National Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception..... I think that's the name. Basically, it's the national Catholic church, and it was gorgeous.

Mary and the baby Jesus

Mary and some pretty candles, They wanted four dollars for you to light a candle. -_-


Elephant at the National Zoological Park

The gun that killed Lincoln.

Statue of John Wilkes Booth. 

Statue of Mary Surat, the first woman executed in the United States. 

Theater box Lincoln was shot in.

Presidential road signs! 
My feet are firmly on the ground. Firmly on the ground. Firmly on the ground.
I won't lie. On the way home yesterday, I cried during take-off. but I didn't last Sunday. Strange, strange, strange indeed. Anyways!
OMG! It was freaking hot there! Here in Texas, we're in the middle of a heat wave, and it followed us to DC, but it was worse there. Friday afternoon, the heat index was 118 in Washington DC. *dies* Darn river.
Anyways, I took a lot of great pictures, and I've got some great stories to go with them.


post signature

3 Comments:

Evie J said...

A PURPLE DUMBO!!!!!!

Riv Re said...

Sometimes I feel like tourists see more of my city that I do. (I've been to DC twice, but you make me think of NYC. I've never, for example, been to the Statue of Liberty.)

You saw some awesome stuff. I love the Narwhal statue.
The wall of stars was in the WWI[I?] memorial, right? I saw it at night, and it was gorgeous.
Love the reflecting puddle:)

Glad you had fun!

Lala said...

Evie: I KNOW!! I WAS ALMOST SQUEALING I WAS SO FREAKING EXCITED!
Riv: Yeah, my sister is borderline obsessed with narwhal and that was the wall for WWII. I'm not sure why those don't have captions under them.
Hmmmm

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover