4.5.11

What a Weekend

Jeez, what a weekend we've had this past weekend? I would have posted this earlier, but I've had no time to sit down and write this post....

I mean, the Royal Wedding Friday morning, Pope John Paul II was beautified Sunday (I'll explain that), and Sunday night.... I mean, do I really have to say what happened Sunday night?

The Royal Wedding:

It's a fairytale come true! Kate Middleton, a mere commoner like the rest of us, married the prince of Wales! I mean, how much more fairytale do you get than that? Kate Middleton looked *amazing.* I mean, there's a reason they call it custom made!





The wedding was so picture perfect, and I really do wish them the best. And, who saw the kisses? I did! Right before I left for school. <3 They were awkward, but in such an adorable way. :D


Pope John Paul II's Beautification 


This is a Catholic thing, but basically, when someone is beautified, that's the first step to becoming a saint. So, he's now Blessed Pope John Paul II. I mean, that's pretty cool, to have lived the same time when a saint was around, right?

Osama bin Laden


What can I say? Actually, nothing, let's have good old Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. do the talking.

“I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad the guy can't order thousands of innocent people to die anymore, but I think the celebration was just a bit over kill. The man was human after all. I've heard a lot of people saying how we should leave the war now, but I don't think it's that simple. We've tied ourselves to the region and if we pull out now, I.... it'll leave the area open to retaliation from bin Laden's followers and other terrorists groups.... It's just too late to leave.

Well, what a crazy weekend for us, right? I mean, a fairytale wedding, and the bad guy loses? Somehow, I don't think Kate Middleton thought Osama bin Laden would replace her in the headlines....
Hope you had a great weekend, guys! 

love, Lala

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover