5.4.11

New Music Tuesday

This is a different type of post today. Sunday was the 46th annual Academy of Country Music awards. I missed most of it because of choir practice, but I did catch the last 40 minutes, plus, I've heard some clips.

So, first off,

the hosts:

Reba McEntire and Blake Shelton. These guys are hilarious together. Both have natural humor and they play off of each other so well. They should host all of the awards shows together.

Performances:

I only saw three, really. I saw Sara Evans' "A Little Bit Stronger" on youtube last night. Oh, she's still got it!
Reba performed "When Love Gets a Hold of You" which really surprised me. Her current single is "If I Were a Boy" and it's doing really well (Yes, it's a pop cover from Beyonce, I think). I also saw the Zac Brown Band perform, and Zac Brown started off flat, but he recovered quite nicely.

Awards:

MIRANDA WON FEMALE VOCALIST!!! (I wish she would have won Entertainer of the Year too, but.... Taylor won that.) Okay, I knew Brad would win Male vocalist, that's practically a given. I loved Charles Kelley's quip to Miranda. "Thank you, Miranda Lambert, for winning this last year and not being in the category this year." I loved that moment. But, my favorite moment was when Miranda told Robert Pattinson how to say "hey y'all." That was so worth having him on the show for.
Overall, from what I saw, I think this year was a great show!

love, Lala

2 Comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

I love Reba. We watch her TV show at my house.

mariellahunt said...

Awww I wish I hadn't missed it!! Oh well. I can watch the performances on youtube. :D

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover