2.3.11

TAKS and The Hunger Games

So, yesterday I had to take this little test called "TAKS" or, in fancier terms, the "Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills." It's a joke. I'll tell you that. I took my exit level ELA, or English Language Arts. We answer a bunch of reading comprehension questions, some editing and revising questions, and write an essay. Well, being a writer and avid reader, it didn't take long. So, doing the only think we're allowed to do now that we can't even sleep after TAKS, I read.
I finished Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting, and while I think I liked The Body Finder better, this was just as engaging as the first one and had me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait for the next one, and I highly recommend the book to all y'all. It's written in third person, which is something I don't like, but I think it flowed well for the story.
Since I only had, like, fifty pages of that, I read another book by Carrolly Erikson, and I can't even remember the name of it. It was about the Romanov family and it was a bore, but because reading was all we were allowed to do, I read the sucker. 300 something pages. It was.... not her best work.
Then, I got to The Hunger Games. I'll admit, I was skeptical, everyone loved the book and at first, I really struggled to see what the great idea was. I mean, great plot, but the writing was just simple. But, now that I've finished it, I loved it and I can't wait until tomorrow when I start the sequel, Catching Fire. This book is most certainly a read.... It starts off slow, but it's a great ending.
I gave it five stars on Goodreads.....
I think.

love, lala

One more thing.
<3 Peeta

2 Comments:

Qui said...

No no no no no....Finnick. <3 Both Peeta and Gale are morons. Though if i had to pick between the two, I'd go with Gale.
Though you haven't been introduced to him yet...but trust me. ;)
Anyway, I'm homeschooled so I never had to take the TAKS test, but my friends did. And whoo, lets just say that I hardly saw any of them all week because they were always asleep when they weren't at school.

Riv Re said...

I must agree with Qui: Finnick all the way, with Gale pulling in second.
Never even heard of the TAKs before, but glad to hear you aced it!
Glad you liked HG!

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover