24.2.11

A Little Bit Stronger

Where to start?
As I look back now, I'm wondering, where can I start?
I guess I ought to start with the confusion. It happened so fast. The crashing down, the arguments, the accusations, the begging for forgiveness, the honeymoon phase, and the crashing down again. The truth is, I expected the crashing down to happen a second time.
It was too good to be true.
I saw what you said, you attacked me, not just me but everyone. And yeah, I'm mad as hell about it, but the time for fighting is over. And mostly, I'm just sad. Sad it ended this way. So many things left unsaid. So many things that you will never know.
I don't blame you, it was bound to happen. Don't get mad, just realize that what we had at the time was fun, but not meant to last.
Because I don't exist to you anymore. You totally ignore me. You deleted me, unfollowed me, the whole nine yards. This is the only way I can ever hope that you know how I feel.
The truth is, I'm about to unfollow you. It's time for me to move on.
For good. And in a couple months, when you realize that we meant so much to you and you come crawling back to us, I just won't answer.
Because, by then, you won't exist to me. Two can play this game.

"And I'm done hoping we could work it out,
I'm done with how it feels, spinning my wheels,
letting you drag my heart around,
And I'm done hoping you could ever change,
I know my heart will never be the same, 
but I'm telling myself I'll be okay, 
even on my weakest days. 
I get a little bit stronger."

Those words have become my life now. Not just because of you, but because of everything. 

1 Comment:

Evie J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover