29.1.11

Short Snippet Saturday (#2)

Guess what!

It happened! Last night! Snatched, went public! It's moving slowly but surely, I think if I stay on inkpop all weekend, I can get to the top 500. I'm a 916 861 right now, and it's driving me nuts! If you want to read it, click here.
So, today, I bring you Short Snippet Saturday #2. It should be three, but I was gone all day last Saturday.
Here's a scene between Zack and Zoey right before Zoey gets kidnapped.
Enjoy!

Zack came back with the tray. "here we go. Not the healthiest stuff in town, but hey, it's still food."
    "Zack, see those pictures up on the TV?"
    He turned around. "Criminal sketches. What about them?"
    "Those are of the men who killed Mr. R, they look exactly like those men," I said. "My description of those men couldn't be that good."
    "That's weird, but, Zoey, you need to take your mind off of it for a little while." He handed me my food.
    "Yeah, you're right," I said. I took the fries and took a bite out of a few. "I just.... I don't know what I'm going to do with all this free time now."
    "Hey, you'll find something. You'll have more time to draw and write now. You'll be able to go to more school functions."
    "Haha, that's true. More school functions. Oh, boy. But yeah, it'll just take time getting used to...."
    "You'll adjust eventually," Zack said.
    "You're right, I will. I have to, why wouldn't I?" I asked. "Everyone adjusts eventually."
    "Exactly, that's the mindset you have to have!"
    "Yeah. This is still just weird..."
    "Hey, it'll be okay."
    We finished our food and walked back outside. The sun was setting behind the mountain that overlooked the town The wind picked up and we hurried into the car.
    "Stupid cold front," Zack muttered. "It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow."
    "Oh, it is?"
    "Yeah, it is. What a waste of a Saturday."
    "I agree. Rainy Saturdays suck."
    "Well, we don't get much of a choice, do we?"
    I laughed. "Nope."
    He dropped me off at my house.
    "Feel better?" he asked as I looked for my key.
    "I did, but now I can't find my key!" I said.
    "Well then." He leaned over and rang the doorbell.
    "I was gonna get to that," I said.
    "Were you?"
    "Yeah...." I said.
    Zack was leaning really close, and I was feeling a bit uncomfortable. I took a step back and ended up against the door.
    "Is anyone home?" he asked.
    "I have no idea. I guess not; they would have answered by now...."
    "Yeah," he said. "They probably would have."
    He leaned in closer. "Zack, what are you doing?" I asked.

love, lala

1 Comment:

Kristen said...

That's really cool about Inkpop-- I told my aspiring-author friend, and she immediately got a membership. Now, off to read part of your story!!

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover