22.12.10

Snatched Extra

Current Mood: two days of starting and finishing 3000 word chapters? Heck YES!
Currently Listening to: "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum


So, since I've been doing so much writing, I decided I'm going to share with you a flashback scene from Snatched, because I'm nice that way. 
So, just as a brief introduction:
Zoey: the main character, the girl who gets kidnapped. She's the Junior class vice president.
Zack: her main love interest, things have been getting intense between them, sooner or later, it's going to be more than just flirting.
Max: Zoey's three year-old half brother. 
So here's the scene:



“Zack, what are you doing?” I asked.
            I was up against the door, with no where to go.
            He didn’t answer, but instead, he just leaned in closer. If he kept leaning in, he was going to end up kissing me.
            The idea wasn’t without appeal, but I wasn’t quite sure I was ready for that. Things had been going really fast in the past two weeks, and I wasn’t sure how to react to it.
            “Zoey….” he whispered.
            “Zack, please…” I stuck my hands between us, trying to slow him down, but he just grabbed them and held my hands.
             “Zack….” I whispered in a panic. I was so not ready for this….
            The next thing I knew, Zack was on top of me, and I was on the floor.
            I looked up to see Max standing behind the door, wide open. “Uh oh,” he said. “Mommy!” he called.
            “Get off of me,” I pushed. I tried to wiggle my way out from under him.
            He rolled over. “That wasn’t how I was planning that to go,” he said.
            My mom came running in. “What happened?”
            “I opened the door and Zack and Zoey fell in. It wasn’t my fault,” Max protested.
            Zack stood up. “Are you okay?” he asked as he offered a hand.
            I waved the hand off. “Yeah, I think so.” I winced. “Never leaning against a door, again.”
            “What happened?” my mom asked.
            “It’s a long story.”
            “I’m sorry, Mrs. Barns, this is all my fault. I probably ought to leave anyways.” Zack picked his keys up off the floor. “Bye, Zoey,” he said.
            After the door was closed for a moment, my mother looked at me. “What happened?” 
            “I think he just tried to….to kiss me.”
            “Eww!” Max called. “Zoey got kissed!”
            “He didn’t actually kiss me. You interrupted that,” I snapped.
            “Zoey, he’s only three, he doesn’t know any better.”
            “I’m going upstairs.” I grabbed my purse from the mess on the floor and walked upstairs.
            I turned the light on my bedroom and collapsed into the bed.
            “That just happened.”
            I didn’t know whether to consider Max a blessing or a burden. True, he’d saved me from being kissed, but he’d saved me from being kissed. I was seventeen years old and I’d never been kissed.
            I mean, it was bound to happen sooner or later.
            I didn’t know if I wanted it to be sooner or later.
Hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know what you think!

love, lala

1 Comment:

LReneeS said...

*dies* This scene was so good! I absolutely loved it. I felt I wanted something more to happen between Zack and Zoey and then out of nowhere there comes Max! Siblings... *sighs*
Anyways, did I tell you I LOVE this scene? :)

Only part that was confusing was at the very end when you said, "True, he'd saved me from being kissed, but he'd saved me from being kissed."

Other than that, LOVE THIS

A million out of five stars:D

Always,
Lindsey

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover