11.9.10

Prologue is Edited!

Current Mood: eh, allergies are getting me down
Currently Listening to: "Things I Should've Said" Club Mis by Chelsea Fields


The prologue is edited! Thanks so much to Evie J @ Peace, Love, and Books for helping me edit this sucker.
Here's a bit of the new prologue.


            She closed her eyes and stood there. She knew tonight would be the night that he’d come for her. For a year and a half he’d slapped, screamed and abused her into telling him what he wanted. He had even locked her in a house, away from the world, hoping to get “it”.
            But she didn’t know what “it” was. Whenever she’d ask him what “it” was; he’d say that she knew.
            She had tried to tell herself she was brave, but she couldn’t. It was all an act, Please, Lord, please forgive him for what he is going to do, she prayed, but she wasn’t going to be the one forgiving him for all the things he had done to her.           
Pulling the apple out of the fridge, she walked to the counter and began to cut it. She placed the knife back down on the counter and turned to wash her hands. She was waiting, anxious for it all to be over, no matter if she survived or not.  She just hoped her baby would be okay. But hope meant nothing. Her baby would be okay, she could see these things. She knew that her baby would be destined for great things, depending on what one would call “great things.”
            The slamming car door made her jump, and she listened for the sounds of his footsteps approaching the front door.  He jiggled the door, but the lock held. Angry, he began to bang on it, each bang making her heart beat faster and faster.
“Sarah, come answer the goddamn door.”
            “No!” Sarah cried. She wasn’t going to let him in. That would be like letting the devil in. She could not welcome the devil into her house. “Please, don’t let him have a key, Lord,” she whispered. She knew that he wasn’t going to let her live much longer.
            She wanted to live. She was going to put up a fight, even if she knew it wasn’t worth it.  
“It’s not here,” she said. “I don’t know what you think I have, but I don’t have it, and if I did, I most certainly would not give it to you.”
            She could feel his gaze on her. “Very funny, Sarah, but I don’t have time for this,” he said.
            “You’re going to kill me, aren’t you?” Sarah knew better than to ask the question, but it was too late.
            “I won’t if you tell me where it is.”
            “For the last time, I don’t know where “it” is. Goddamn you! Having the nerve to lock me up in a house expecting me to give you whatever it is you want! Well, I won’t deal with it anymore! Get out of my house!” She swung the knife at him, trying to get him to back off.
            He took a step back then stared at her in amusement. “Well, calm down, it’s all okay, if you don’t know where it is, I guess there’s only one thing to do then.” He grinned.
If you want to read the rest of the prologue, click here. Let me know what you think of it!!
I'm off!

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover