7.8.10

Books to Big Screen

This was supposed to be a post two weeks ago, but I've been so busy it had to wait.
 Two weeks ago, I went and saw Romona & Beezus; which is a cute movie. But, it seems like more than not movies that started out as books don't work as movies.
I've decided that if I ever get published, I don't think I could let someone turn The Assassin into a movie. I'd be horrified if they ruined it, because I'm one of those people who always has to compare the movie to the books. It's usually not a good comparison.
For instance, take The Other Boleyn Girl. Philippa Gregory took a wonderful story, spruced it up a bit to make a 600 some odd page book that became a hit. It's wonderfully crafted in the way she wrote, and there were a number of books that followed it.
The movie, not so much. There was very little in common with the book. The plot lagged and because it was so condesnsed, it missed a lot of the details that made the book so great.
So, what's your take on the big screen snapping up books? Would you let someone take your book and make it a movie?

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover