28.5.10

Writing Inspirations

I was gonna come up with a catchy title for this post, but I fail at those so, I'm going to get straight to the point.
What inspires you? Music? Life in general? Or do you try to take it from everywhere? I'm the third. I create plots based on soap operas (or so I'm told, I've never seen one), and characters based on people I know. Inspiration is a great tool for coming up with great stories. I read all the time, which is a big inspiration. I mean, to be a writer, you have to read. I'm actually looking for another book shelf because I don't have enough room for all my books.
I also listen to music. I know some people say it's distracting, but honestly, I find it distracting not to have it on. I hate the sound of the silence when I don't have music playing. I actually have a whole playlist dedicated to my book series, full of songs that I like, or that can relate to a particular part of a book or in the series. Now that I think about it, that's probably why I hate writing on the computer at school. No iPods. :(
And what about consistancy, do you have a set time for writing during the day? Do you try to write a certain amount of words in a day? For me, being a student, I can't write everyday at the same time, I have projects and stuff, but I try everyday. Every free moment I'm not studying, I'm writing or reading.
So, those are just some things I thought about that I wanted to know.
Oh, inkpop update: 77. :( But, it'll probably go private before I even end up getting into the top five.
Two days until Wicked! And once again, no song of the day, I'm at school. But, have a good, three day weekend.

0 Comments:

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover