21.5.10

The Best Friend Blues

So, I know alot of you guys that follow me are writers, so I have to ask. Does your MC have a best friend? What makes this person their best friend? My MC, Cassie, has just discovered the her best friend, Mia, was cheating on her with her boyfriend, who she didn't even like, Alex. So, now, obviously, Cassie needs a new best friend. And she's getting one in the form of a foster sister. I don't know about y'all, but I think that a good MC should have a strong best friend. This new, soon-to-be-best-friend is very lively and has quite a personality.
So, I wanna know, what do you like about your MC's best friend? What's the special thing that makes the best friend the best friend for your MC? Let me know...I'm interested.
And, for that story with the pitch that I posted about a month ago, Wednesday, I had free time at school, but couldn't get to my flash drive, so I ended up working on Bree's story. I actually wrote a lot down in like thirty minutes. Once I finish this scene that introduces the cute guy, and I polish it, I'll probably post it on the excerpts page for you guys to read. I really like where this story is going. I promise I'll keep you updated on where it goes. :)
Song of the day: "The Wizard and I" from, what else, Wicked! This morning in the guide section of The Dallas Morning News there was an article on Wicked coming to Dallas and then I got the song stuck in my head.

1 Comment:

salarsenッ said...

Sure, my current mc has a bestie. What I like most is what Katee (best friend) brings out in Ana (main character). Using the best friend as a tool is a great way to deeper your mc's persona as well as spice up the story. ";-0

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover