20.4.10

New Book! And old points....

Okay, first off, Inkpop status: 100! STILL! At least the little pink arrow changed into a green "hasn't moved" symbol.
Second: Job! A job! About a month and a half ago, I applied to be a summer camp consulor at Lifetime. Well, the past two weeks have consisted of me playing phone tag with the guy who does all the hiring. It's crazy! I called him this morning after AP bubbling and he called back during Latin. Thank God my phone was on silent, other wise I'd have to pay $15 to get the phone back if Coach S. heard it.
And my aunt is coming this week to see my brother's little musical at his school. It's called "Nuts" and he's doing a song about big, bad squirrels. I'm afraid it's as bad as it sounds.
And now, to the main point of this blog: NEW BOOK! WOOHOO! I mentioned it breifly yesterday. I'm basing it off a dream that I had a couple months ago. And ten minutes ago, I wrote a pitch for it, so I thought I'd share it with you guys, and I apologize, it's really rough, it'll get smoother as I write some more:
Bree Wells has a big problem, and she can’t get rid of it. Her step-dad is the President of the United States. And he didn’t get there legally.

Bree Wells has the perfect American family. Her step-dad, Jimmy, is the President, and her mom is the fancy socialite that got him there. With her two step-brothers, Jimmy tries to paint the symbol of the all-American family, except for the fact that she wants nothing to do with it. When she discovers just how Jimmy won the elections, she’s out to figure out who could ever believe such an idiot. Along the way she meets Jason, who’s mom happens to be getting cozy with Jimmy, she asks for his help in exposing the President’s dirty lies. But with every choice comes a consequence, and Jimmy doesn’t plan to let Bree go public with his story. She must choose to live in silence to make the world happy, or follow her instinct and bring down a man and his government.
I have no name for it or anything, in fact, in the orginal dream, she wished on a star for him to die and it was a big mess because he did die, and someone heard her make the wish. But that wasn't really gonna work...but who knows, possible sequel????
Well, that's all I've got to say for the moment. I love you guys who read my blog, and not in a creeperish way. :)

2 Comments:

Vry Sparks said...

Hey Lala,

I actually like this pitch. Not much comes to mind about what you could use for a title but it sounds interesting to me.

Good luck!

Lala said...

Thanks so much. I suck at titles, so unless God hits me with a shot of awesome-title-making-up-ness, I guess it'll just be "Bree's Story" unless someone else has a good suggestion. I'm acutally working on it right now....

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover